My Final lookTimed Assesment For Miss Havisham





This my Final look for Miss Havisham, I first started with the make-up. I applied some gelatin on the skin drying it with the hair dryer and patting it with my spatula to create bumps of burn and repeated the process about 3 times. Once I was Happy from my supra color palette I used red, burgundy and little bit of back to create shading on the burns. I then applied three shades lighter foundation on the part that was not covered in gelatin and blended it in. I then ages the skin using a very dark colour foundation asking my model to make facial expression so that I could contour her natural lines and make them darker. From my Sugarpill palette I used the colour red and purple and blended them around the eyes to create my painful looking dark circles and applied it on the top and bottom lid. For her eyebrows and eyelashes I used a white colour foundation to add in the white hairs using a mascara wand.

Creating the Hair
  1.  I first sectioned the hair making a straight line using the nose as my point and then sectioned of the front of the hair.
  2. Then I created the Bun in the hair by taking the back section from the crown of the hair and tying it into a ponytail, taking 4 sections creating a barrel curl and pinning it into the hair.
  3. I then pulled out strands from the bun creating a very messy look of the hair.
  4. once the back was complete i then started with the front of the hair making 4 curls on each side of the hair letting them loose downwards as if they was once tight curls but over time have fallen down and loosen.

With my final look of Miss Havisham I do see some flaws in the make-up, II was not too impressed on how the burns actually came out,  believe I could have done a better job on the burns and made them look more realistic. But since I only had access to cooking gelatin the burns came out looking very shiny and all the detail of the shading was lost. I think under pressure and panicking to finish in time I applied too much blood on the burns. I also feel like the age in between the eyebrows needed to be blended in and made a little bit more softer. I am not completely disheartened by my final look I think the whole idea i wanted to create has come together very well it is just some areas that I need to work on.
sh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author