Gothic Architecture and Atmosphere

The term Gothic came from the medieval period where they used to describe buildings with the pointed arch, ribbed vault and arches. The Gothic Architecture was a style mostly used on churches, cathedrals, universities, castles and many other grand buildings. The Gothic style was especially expressed on Great Churches and Cathedrals to show of the faith or pride in their building.

We was asked to go around and take pictures of Gothic Horror Images and Buildings. While walking on my way back home from class I had seemed to found some places that gave a Gothic horror feel and Gothic Buildings.


I had taken this image with a few of my friends from my class while I was waking home. This image here to me gives a Gothic feel as there is an old style street lamp open land, trees and a pointed building in the back. Really has a Gothic touch to it.


This is am image I took of the church in St Marys, the structure of this building is known as the Gothic Architecture as it has the pointed top and Arches.



This image I took of my back garden in London as I felt it had a very creepy Gothic horror feel, as the couds look spooky, the trees just arch in with a cold feel of no leaves and the empty space and in the far Victorian houses. I actually felt spooked out when I was standing in my garden at the time as it had a very Gothic horror spooky feel that brought chills down my spine.


My Cousin Javed had recently visited Salamanca in Spain and had sent me these images of the beautiful architecture city as I had told him about the project I was doing so especially for me he took images of Gothic Architectures and allowed me to use these images for my blog.




These Gothic Architectures are breath taking. The detail on the buildings are beautiful and really do give you a clear idea of different types of Gothic Architecture in different countries.


Research Link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_architecture
sh

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author